Back to SBURB SIM 2.0        Newsposts         Art Newsposts        About/FAQ         Rare Sessions
Bug Reports/Glitch FAQ
Vague Todo Pile (never stops getting taller)
Without making any promises (and in no particular order), here's a vague list of my future goals in relation to this project. It's highly likely that at least some of the things on this list will never actually happen. Many of the things on this list have been influenced by the whispers of the horrorterrors (that's you guys, btw). Bold means I'm seriously likely to implment this 'soon' (often because it seems easy and would make the sim way better).
- One of the characters can be discovered to have been secretly a robot all along. If discovered, nothing changes, except they now look like a robot. In dialog, mention turing test passing ftw.
- 2nd tier of claspect quests when land level is high enough but before facing denizen. No longer randomize quests. Instead, like levels, do class/aspect x6 from first array, and then x6 from second array, then fight denizen. space player has to light forge/alter planet for first 6 quests. collect frogs for second.
- Quest for creating your session's First Guardian. ('random' components) If sentient, First Guardian orchestrates their own creation. Can also spin off other side quests with good or bad intent, or influence them to scratch WITHOUT waiting for user input (not like, temporally, but other ways of recovering the session, like combo or yellow yard would be disabled.) Make them a GameEntity like Jack/Queen/King/WV/PM? Sentient FirstGuardian makes ectobiology less likely preScratch.
- Find an excuse, no matter how thin, for a character to say "Lemme smash. Please?" as a romantic confession.
- Extra side quests. Courtyard droll blows up Prospit/Derse's moons, for example. Or HeartsBoxcar gets heavily involved in shipping. Diamond Droogs steps up to be second in command if you exile Jack, and he seriously boosts the queens power, etc. etc.
- Direct horrorterror presence. Everything goes crazy, reality warps. Reality randomizes for a few turns (species and clapsect can change, relationships, triggerlevel), before being restored. will have to have a save state. (maybe my cloning system?)
- SERIOUSLY pre-simulate a session before starting to display. Will let me grab out moon visions and fate. If I let the session CHANGE based on fate things get weird tho. Like, there will be this hypothetical version of the session that PRODUCES a sentinet First Guardian, but then they use their knowledge of the session to modify it enough that they DON'T get produced? wth? Maybe in cases like that it hardcodes the FirstGuardian to be what happens postScratch? And if the FirstGuardian fails to make the session scratch, it's a doomed timeline? Sounds neat.
- Certain claspects can get into time conversations with themselves, like Karkat did? (Huh, if karkat's self-convo's were claspect related, was it because Blood tried to effect the 'relationship' with the person on the other end, but reflected it infinitely making it glitched? Probably over thinking this....)
- Tier2 sprites. Can be used as backup lives (if player is permadead, but there exists a sprite form of them from any source, they get shoved into the party? Have "sprite" added onto title?). Refactor sprites to be 2 vars instead of one. Chance of tier2 prototyping before entering session, buffs the enemies 2x.
- AuthorBot CorpseParty Mode: Lets you look at the causes of death for players.
- Have a tiny server (Node.js?) and database/local file running parallel to main site, all it does is log page counts, at least at first.
- Further upgrade AuthorBotJunior to allow filtering by classes/aspects.
- Have a character creator mode. (Customize all players, and then let sim run) I'm thinking of letting this be inspired by the Replay Value AU. Let you pick a failed session ID to put your characters in, show you how it ORIGINALLY went down, let you replace the original players to try to do better.
- Joke squiddle sessions
- GrimLight corruption. Also, grim dark needs to be less subtle.
- If jack is driven off by at least one god tier, he destroys the moons (one at a time). players might stop him first, though. destroying moon kills all dream selves that aren't main selves.
- Maybe more stuff with exiles or carapacians other than Jack/Mayor. PM needs some screen time
- Have a as-spoiler-free-as-possible Homestuck refresher page linked from the about page
- Have AuthorBot have a spoiler free page, and a stability page
- players can corrupt the CD to their own session?
- Void/Light players less likely to be targetted by bosses
- Life players get one free extra life. (and maybe can bring other players back, too)
- more claspect specific events sylph of time does different things than a bard of time, for example.
- fanon claspects if/when canon claspects are unique enough in sim. aspiringWatcher was nice enough to collate a list of GlitchFAQ aspects and their tasks: here
- SVG graph of player power over time (x is ticks, y is power) color coded. (Why are graphs so awesome? What is WRONG with me?) Could happen at end of session when MVP prints out. Or be it's own page. or something. would need to record power...okay, figure this out later.
- Rainbow drinkers? Jade blood revives as one instead of using up a dream self? extra power
- Refactor graphics AGAIN to take advantage of hardware acceleration and/or improve god tier rainbow effects.
- Make Reckoning not based on number of ticks, but on plot shit.
- follow glitch faq closer. aspiringWatcher compiled a summary here
- Claspect Metas-shenanigans, like reading GameFAQs
- Finally dedicate time to figuring out why grimdark font doesn't load, like, 75% of the time. It not loading kind of fits the "grimdark means difficulty communicating" theme, but it's annoying and it's a bug and that's all there is to say on the matter.
Slew of Ideas brainstormed with: DestroyerTerraria/recursiveSlacker
- Allow dear sweet, precious The Mayor to be a source of Drama. Sorry, The Mayor...
- More explicit Player machinations, not just flavor text during a land quest. Don't want to increase dialogue by TOO much though, in an average session. Shits already getting excessive.
- Re-enable multi-turn Queen/King fights. Allow small amounts of seeded luck to influence the outcomes, not just who gets stabbed. Maybe have a similar engine for Jack.
- Prince of Mind mind control murder mode bullshit.
- Easter egg 1 player session (either space or time.)
- Ironic Zombies
- God Tier suicides for players who can understand/manipulate SBURB. Some players only do it if destined to work. Some players do it no matter what (and some of them god tier anyways, but some just...die.)
WHAT IS THIS???????????